Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea! Are you a farmer or an up-coming rice farmer? This is a top business idea. In fact, here are the essential steps you must take to succeed in this business. We present to you here details of important aspects you must take care of before planting. In fact, before starting to plant rice it is important to take some important aspects into account. Check it out below!
Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea!
This article is good for young farmers in co-operatives, cubs and other farmers fora. This post is also good when you are writing your rice farming or processing business plan. In fact, when you need grants from government agencies and other private donors this content will be required to convince your donors of your rice farming knowledge.
Choosing the ideal place for planting:
First, rice is a grain that needs plenty of water to develop. Therefore, the ideal would be to plant it near rivers, lakes or places that rain frequently. In addition, it is important to use flat, nutrient-rich soils to ensure satisfactory results. Despite the fact that rice develops in rough terrain in Asian countries, it is advisable to avoid this type of location, since they can make harvesting difficult.
In addition, consider using a place of full sunlight, as the rice needs light and temperatures in the range of 21 ºC.
Select the seeds
At this point, you will decide which varieties of cereal will be used in your plantation. It is possible to choose only one species or to use several species. When choosing, however, it’s important to take into account the soil properties and climatic conditions of the region. With this, the types of rice that have shorter cycles can be planted in mid-December, in order to take advantage of the early drying summer rains.
Check out the types of rice:
- Long grain: gives rise to light and soft grains and tends to be drier than other varieties.
- Medium grain: moist, tender, sticky and creamy after creamy. It has the same texture as long grain rice.
- Short grain: becomes soft and sticky after cooking. It is a little sweeter and more suitable for preparing sushi.
- Glutinous: known as sticky rice, because of its texture after cooking. It is used in frozen foods.
- Aromatic: it has more flavor and fragrance than other varieties. This category includes Basmati rice, jasmine, red and black.
- Arboreal: it is used mainly in risottos and dishes of Italian origin. In addition, after being cooked, it gains creaminess and a consistent core.
Seed disinfection on Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea!
Like any other type of crop, rice is subject to the emergence of pests, which can generate great losses. So, to prevent the proliferation of pests in advance, just disinfect the seeds using fungicides. This practice will guarantee the healthy development of the crop, from the moment of sowing until 30 days after the beginning of its growth.
First, make the plowing, plowing and leveling the beds. Consider distributing the seeds in smaller areas to make it easier to manage production. In this way, line the seeds at intervals of a maximum of 10 cm, with a space of 23-30 cm between each row. Soon after, incorporate the compost or vegetable cover in the soil, slightly covering the rice grains. This will assist in fixing the seeds and retaining moisture.
For a healthy development, the rice plantation needs a large amount of water, which is not always supplied by rivers or rains. So, to ensure access to water, in the proper amount, a good alternative is to use irrigation, a technique widely used by farmers.
With the use of irrigation, the crop tends to produce more, since it is in stable conditions. However, in this process, it is important not to leave the soil soaked. Therefore, it is important to set up a system that can be activated manually or automatically for a pre-established time, which should vary according to the type of rice planted.
Crop rotation – Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea!
Rice cultivation often removes many nutrients from the soil during cultivation. Therefore, it is not recommended to use the same land to plant the cereal consecutively. This is because there may be a decrease in productivity as well as low quality. Therefore, it is recommended to wait at least 1 year.
In addition, after harvesting, it is recommended to clean the remains of the crop, since they take time to decompose and can make it difficult for the next seeds to germinate. Anyway, did you get your questions answered? Do you want to continue learning about grain cultivation? Also read in the article on rice planting business plan.
As a matter of fact, you are required to belong to a cooperative, club or any other organized format that can engage in this exercise. Then, put a call across to us making your demands or inquiries. Complete Entrepreneurship Summit will take it up from there. For those who need training to obtain CBN loan, we will do that for you. Contact +234 9053130518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Relevant Searches on Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea!
To aid you make relevant searches for your business, we have below other articles that will help you in your prosperity quest. It’s because you don’t research, that you don’t know much about your challenges. But now, click the relevant topics here for further reading and information.
- Market & Marketing Research for Start-ups
- The Roles of Start-up Business Plan in Nigeria
- Business Road Maps Built Exactly to Your Need
- Other business plan templates
- Ginger Export Business Plan
- Garlic Export Business Plan
- Oil Palm Processing Mill Business Plan
C.A.C Incorporation Services:
- Business Name Registration
- Filing of annual return
- Filing of notices for changes of incorporation Documents
- And, Filing For Changes in Enterprises
- For more information
- Public Name Search filing
- Letter of good standing Consent and Status
Aggro-Products – Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea!
- River State Communities Palm Plantation Business Plan
- Rice Mill Business Plan,
- Palm Oil Mill Business Plan
- Abia State Communities palm plantation business plan
- Delta State Communities palm plantation business plan
- Abia State Community Palm oil Processing Mill Business Plan
Finally, we are glad you enjoyed this content – Who Needs Community Rice Plantation in Nigeria? As a top business idea!. You are free now to bookmark this page and to share with your friends. In fact follow us on any of our social media handles and please drop your comment below.