Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
Types of UK Visa: General Overview – Do you desire a UK visa? This is what this post is all about. Therefore, here are details of UK visa types and fees, UK visa requirements, family visas, and UK visa types for work, especially for skilled worker visas. For students seeking high part-time jobs click here. Here are the Types of UK Visa: A General Overview.
As a matter of fact, a UK visa is the authorizing document that gives worldwide citizens the right to enter the UK. It gives you the right to stay temporarily or live forever in the territory of the United Kingdom. A visa can be a stamp you receive in your passport. It can also be a document given by a UK consulate or embassy in your country of residence.
- 1 UK Visa Agencies: Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- 1.1 What Visa means to you:
- 1.2 Why do you need a UK Visa?
- 1.3 For Types of UK Visa: A General Overview – Who Requires a UK Visa?
- 1.4 UK Visa application procedure:
- 1.5 What time is good to Apply for a UK Visa?
- 1.6 And what are the Required Documents?
- 1.7 What is the Points-Based System (PBS)? Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- 1.8 Related topics: Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- 1.9 UK Visa Types on Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- 1.10 Visa Need Explanations on Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- 1.11 Read Also:
- 1.12 Conclusion on Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- 1.13 Share this:
- 1.14 Like this:
UK Visa Agencies: Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
These offices will help you get your visa for the UK;
- UK Visas and Immigration
- Home Office
- UK Border Agency
- Office of the Immigration Services
- Border Force
- HM Passport Office
What Visa means to you:
As a matter of fact, once you are issued a visa that means you are eligible to enter the UK. It also means you were able to meet the requirements of the particular visa issued to you.
Why do you need a UK Visa?
There are different reasons for demanding a UK Visa. One of the following may be why you need one now. Types of UK Visa: A General Overview.
- To work and to do business
- As a student
- Tourism for a short stay
- To join family members living in the UK
- On transit through UK to another country
- Residence – to live permanently
- As a refugee or one in need of humanitarian assistance
- As a stateless person
- If you need permission to stay
For Types of UK Visa: A General Overview – Who Requires a UK Visa?
As a matter of fact, citizens of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Commonwealth countries are not required to apply for a UK visa prior to entering the UK.
UK Visa application procedure:
This procedure depends on the type of visa you want. Especially if your type of visa belongs to one of the Points-Based System categories. Though the requirements are the same for each category. However, the relative evaluation procedure is not the same. There could be additional requirements for each category.
What time is good to Apply for a UK Visa?
The earliest is three months before the date of your intended trip to UK. So, because the processing of your visa application may take up to three weeks, you should apply in advance. That is to give enough time to the consulate for the processing.
And what are the Required Documents?
Even though each category of visa has its peculiar additional requirements, there are some standard UK visa requirements for all applicants. For UK visa applications, the nationality of the applicant matters too.
What is the Points-Based System (PBS)? Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
The Point-Based System (PBS) of the United Kingdom Visa is the means of regulating immigration to the United Kingdom from outside the country. It replaces the old system that was much more complex and hard to cover.
The PBS system evaluates visa candidates based on the points they can gather by meeting visa requirements. That is to say that each visa requirement has its points. So, there is a benchmark number of points you should gather in order to receive the visa.
I hope you are getting on fine. Our narratives are very explanatory and direct to the point for your good understanding. Just read on.
Related topics: Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- How to get cheap immigration visa to Canada
- Canada International Students part-time jobs
- Recruitment information
- Career and professional information here
- How to win scholarship in UK Universities
UK Visa Types on Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
Here we are now to answer questions on why you need a UK Visa. I know you have your reasons for demanding a UK visa. So, to take care of every need the United Kingdom has an organized visa system based on the purpose of visitor under multiple visa types. So, let’s see them now.
- Work Visas.
- Business Visas.
- Study Visas.
- Visitor Visas.
- Family Visas.
- Settlement Visas.
- Transit Visas.
Visa Need Explanations on Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
Work and Business Visas:
Categories of work and business visas
Highly qualified foreigners:
Global Talent Visa
- Skilled foreign workers with a job offer in a shortage area
- Tier 2 (General) Visa
- Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa
- Then, Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Visa
- Youth mobility and temporary foreign workers
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Visa
- Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa
- Croatian National Registration Certificate
- Domestic Workers in a Private Household Visa
- Exempt Vignette Visa
- Turkish Worker Visa
- Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
The UK Business Visa types are the following:
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
- And, Tier 1 Investor Visa
- Turkish Businessperson Visa
Student Visas – These types of visas are issued to international students who want to study in the UK.
Categories of student visas:
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
- Short-Term Study Visa
Tourist and Visiting visas:
The UK is a very popular tourist destination. The UK Visitor Visas are issued for short stays for tourism visits and similar purposes. Foreign nationals are prohibited from getting a job inside UK with this type of visa.
Categories of tourist and visiting visas:
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa
- Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
- Short-term Study Visa
UK Visitor Visa:
Visa for a Chinese Tour Group
The UK Family Visa is issued to visit family members in the UK. This Visa type is for people who have family members working and living in the UK and want to join them for more than six months as dependents. These can be husband or wife (spouse), partner, fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner, children, parents, or other family members.
Categories of family visas:
- UK Spouse visa
- UK Parent visa
- And, UK Child visa
The UK Transit Visa is for foreigners who are not from the EEA (EU countries, including Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) or Switzerland and are using the UK as a transit country to pass from another country to their destination.
Categories of transit visas
Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV) – for those who have to change flights in the UK without leaving the airport
Visitor in Transit Visa – for foreigners who have to leave the airport and take another means of travel. This visa can be valid for up to 4 days.
Temporary Refugee Visa is for people at UK borders because they had to leave their home country as their life was seriously threatened. The application for this visa is made from within the UK.
The visa is temporary until the visa holder is not endangered anymore and can return back to their home country. Visa for Stateless Persons is for foreigners living in the UK and are not nationals in any other country in the world. This visa is given for 2 to 6 years with a possibility of extension. These are Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
- Highest paid part-time job in UK for International Students
- Business start-up hints
- Good planning strategies for everything
- Scholarship info
Conclusion on Types of UK Visa: A General Overview
This is a well-detailed article on the types of UK visas and who needs them. All the general requirements and variances for peculiar visas are also well-explained.
You can share this to read to others. Meanwhile, because this article is regularly updated, you can bookmark it now for future updates. Thanks for reading through Types of UK Visa: A General Overview